Thursday 5 March 2015

Bikini Bottom

As SS15 begins and the countdown for summer draws nearer, retailers are introducing their new swimwear collections. We are seeing bold florals, neon shades and delicate pastels swarming the shops this season, and today I'm going to show you some of my favourite pieces.

For me, I've always struggled to find a bikini that fits just right as I'm only a size 6/8 on the bottom, but I wear a 32DD bra. Last year when I went holiday shopping, I ended up buying size 6 bikini bottoms with a size 14 top - talk about oddly proportioned! So for you girls who were blessed (or cursed) with a bigger bust; I'm going to show you the best and worst bikinis for you this summer.



Halter neck bikinis will work wonders for any bra size actually, they give an instant lift to the bust creating the illusion that your boobs are bigger (if you wear a smaller cup), but if you're carry a bigger bust; halter neck bikinis will give your boobs great support. Also, the tie sides on the bikini bottoms allow adjustment for those of you who have wider or more narrow hips.



Let me start off by saying that this bikini set is AMAZING! I'm a huge fan of the 50's and in my eyes this is a beautiful recreation of that era. A bustier bikini top and high waisted bikini bottoms are great for somebody with pear shaped figure, such as Iggy Azalea. People with a smaller bum (if you're anything like me) won't really benefit from high waisted bottoms as they can sometimes give the illusion of a long flat bum. 

I absolutely adore this bikini set from New Look, and I'm definitely going to buy them soon. This is perfect for my body type - the halter neck tie gives me enough support for my boobs, the triangle-shaped bikini top is the perfect shape for me and the tie waist gives me the option to adjust the bikini bottoms as I only have narrow hips.

Florals are in this season, but River Island have taken it to the next step - 3D daisies. Again, this is another great bikini for my body size, and, it's a gorgeous set - what more could you want?!

The majority of the female population love Triangl Swimwear Bikini's, but they don't love the price. So, stores such as River Island and New Look have taken it upon them selves to create more affordable dupes. Personally, I adore the colour and material of this particular bikini set, but I wouldn't purchase it as balconette bras/bikini tops do nothing for me, they weirdly change the shape of my boobs and let me tell you, it's not a pretty sight!

Orange Scuba Bikini Bottoms

These are the Milly Bikinis from Triangl Swimwear, the shades are (from left to right): California Coral, Indiana Ice, Arizona Sunset, Candy Pink and Santa Rosa Splash. Triangl Swimwear create simplistic yet beautiful swimwear collections, which are loved all over the world. I'm still yet to purchase one of these bikinis as I haven't started my holiday shopping. The Milly and Poppy collection from Triangl Swimwear have two additional bikini top sizes - small+ and small++, these sizes are designed for women who have a bigger bust (C-DD) with a small under bust (XXS-S).

I'm definitely going to have to buy the Chloe bikini (what a coincidence) in the shade Arizona Sunset, it's such a beautiful colour, and it's perfect for when you're relaxing in the sun; on a Caribbean beach with a cocktail in your hand. This has to be my favourite style in bikinis, this particular bikini has a halter neck tie and a back tie; for me I need a back tie on my bikinis because I have 30" under-bust, but my bust is 35" - so the back tie allows me to get the perfect fit and support my boobs at the same time.

I have also discovered that tonnes of people are selling amazing dupes of the Triangl Swimwear bikinis, I'll link below the dupes for the those of you who aren't too keen on spending $89 on a bikini.
Triangl Swimwear: Chloe Bikini - Arizona Sunset

Triangl Swimwear Dupe: Neoprene Bikini

Triangl Swimwear Dupe: Milly Bikini - Arizona Sunset

Triangl Swimwear Dupe: Poppy - Blue Crush

Triangl Swimwear Dupe: Poppy - Pink Lemonade

Triangl Swimwear Dupe: Milly - Santa Rosa Splash

So to break it down for you:
Balconette Bikini - perfect for people with a smaller bust as the under wire gives lift and pushes up the bust.
Triangle-Shaped Bikini - will suit any shape or size.
Halter Neck Bikini - great for bigger busted girls who want good support for their boobs, but also great for small busted girls as they lift the boobs and give the illusion of bigger boobs.

I hope this blog post help you girls when you're out holiday shopping, 
Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, 

Love, Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment