Saturday 14 March 2015

Beauty Edit: My Favourite Beauty Products

2 years ago I discovered the wonderful world of makeup videos on YouTube. I was really intrigued by how so many of these beautiful women were self-taught makeup artists, that it inspired me to learn the art of makeup.

From there it began - my insane obsession with all things makeup including the videos on YouTube. My obsession had got that bad, that I was watching makeup videos for nearly 4 hours a time.
Anyway, I want to show you my favourite beauty products and why I love them so much. 



1. Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit - I'm a really big fan of this contour kit, when I first ordered it from Boots I was abit weary that the contour shade would either be shimmery or look quite muddy on my face. I was so shocked as soon as I used this palette - it has such silky, smooth powders, and they blend out beautifully. For me, the highlight in this palette isn't as bold and shimmery as I'd like it to be, but this is easily solved by adding extra highlight to my cheekbone. I bought my Sleek palette in the shade Medium as I've got quite tanned skin; I think the contour powder in the shade Light wouldn't really show up on my skin, as I like quite a strong contour. If you're looking for a budget powder contour palette this is perfect as it's only £6.49!


2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I've had my Expert Face brush for about a year now and even to this day I still absolutely love it! This brush really buffs and blends the foundation into your skin, giving a flawless and streak-free finish. Even after washing this brush time and time again, it still stays in beautiful condition and the bristles haven't lost their amazing quality. The Expert Face brush is definitely a must-have in every girls' brush collection.
(Not my photo) This is just to show you how well this mascara works, and how beautiful it makes your eyelashes look.



3. Boots Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara - This mascara really is amazing! My all time mascara used to be the Miss Sporty Mascara, but about two weeks ago I ran out of it. So I had to rummaged through all my makeup to try and find a back up mascara, and I came across the Boots Natural Collection Mascara which I hadn't used. Let me just tell you that this mascara works wonders when paired with a decent eyelash curler. With only using one coat of mascara I couldn't believe how long my eyelashes were.  Considering this mascara comes with a basic wand; it doesn't flake and it keeps my eyelashes looking long all day - and for £2 it's such a bargain!


4. Beauty UK Eyeshadow Palette: Naked 7 - If you're looking for a budget nude eyeshadow palette then you've come to the right place. This palette consists of matte shades and shimmery shades, and there's also a variety of cool and warm tone shades which is great. This Beauty UK palette is definitely great for every day use; especially if you're going for quite a simple eye.


5. Make-Up Academy Eyeshadows - Now, I'm going talking about all of the MUA Eyeshadows - they're ALL amazing. Each and every eyeshadow has such amazing pigmentation (which is great considering that they're only £1 each) and with the right eyeshadow base or primer, they're guaranteed to stay put all day. I'll link below some of my favourite shades from the MUA collections.

MUA Matte Eyeshadow in Pewter - This shade would be perfect for creating a smokey eye.
MUA Mono Eyeshadow in Fudge - Perfect when used on the lid for a neutral eye.
MUA Mono Eyeshadow in Copper - Today I am actually using this shade on my lid paired with a warm tone brown in the outer v of my eye, I only ever need one coat of this shadow because of how high the pigmentation is.
MUA Matte Eyeshadow in Smoke - Every woman needs a matte black shade in their eyeshadow collection. Dark, matte shades are perfect for use in the crease of the eye and the outer v.

6. Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation - Now, I'm going to get straight to the point and tell you that this foundation isn't the best. The bottle says "transfer proof, hydrating and lightweight feel", but to me it's a bit drying in certain places (especially under my eyes) and this is definitely a full coverage foundation so it doesn't have a 'lightweight feel'. Despite those negatives, I do actually love this foundation. Before I apply any make-up I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter Gradual Tan on my face, it really helps to hide any pigmentation problems on my face and it minimises my birthmark on my cheek. A little goes a LONG way with this foundation so be sure to use this sparingly, one other bonus with this foundation is the thick consistency; it really helps to cover and conceal those under-eye dark circles.

7. Sleek Matte Me Lipstick in Rioja Red -  I got this as a free sample when I ordered two of the Sleek Face Contour Kits, and I was quite weary about using this as I used to steer clear of all red lipsticks. Red lipsticks or glosses used to always clash whenever I wore them, but this is due to the fact that I have an orange-shade of eye colour and sandy tones in my hair. This Sleek lipgloss completely change my view on the red lip, Rioja Red is such a versatile colour and it will definitely suit any skin tone. This lipgloss goes on as a gloss but dries matte, the staying power is great especially if you eat/drink whilst wearing it.

8.  Makeup Revolution Powder Blush in Treat - I struggled quite a lot to find a blush that suits my skin tone, and before I found this blush I never used to wear any at all. Makeup Revolution is a cheap, but high quality brand that's only available in Superdrug. The pigmentation of the Makeup Revolution blushes is so beautiful and they apply so silky as well. I've never really been a fan of lower-end makeup as sometimes it doesn't apply as well as high-end makeup would. For about a year now I've been exploring the budget makeup such as Make-Up Academy and Makeup Revolution; and I have to say I'm really amazed by how high-quality some of the products are. 

I really hope this blog post helps you when you're out on your next beauty haul, 

Thank you so much to everyone who reads my blog posts,
Love, Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment